Saturday, September 26, 2015

What's been going on since 2011?

I took my leave from restaurant life to spend more time with family, but I miss it more than words can express. You can take the girl out of the kitchen but you can't take the kitchen out of the girl!

It is funny that even the greatest chefs cannot equally master both pastry and savory. I remember we ate raw carrots for dinner as we made cremeux and bavarian for service. Needless to say, cooking savory dishes was going to be a new challenge for me. You'll see a few of those dishes mixed in with my pastry favorites.

The posts from September 2015 take a peek at 4 years of celebrations, weeknight dinners, and good food enjoyed with friends and family. I also found pictures of a few plated desserts from when I worked in restaurants.

Thank you to everyone who has supported my cooking journey - from helping me get last minute ingredients, to helping me package thousands of truffles at 1:00 in the morning - I wouldn't be here without your love and conviction that I belong in the kitchen.

All my love,
Jen

No comments: